The objectives of the Rottnest Channel Swim Association are:
- To promote interest in swimming across the Rottnest Channel;
- To observe and authenticate persons who attempt a solo Rottnest Channel crossing;
- To promote the safety and welfare of swimmers attempting a Rottnest Channel crossing;
- To furnish information to and advise those intending to make a Rottnest Channel crossing attempt;
- To gather and preserve historical Rottnest Channel swimming data;
- To conduct an annual swim between the mainland and Rottnest Island.
The property and income of the Association shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Association and no part of that property or income may be paid or otherwise distributed, directly or indirectly, to members, except in good faith in the promotion of those objects.